- 1.5 lbs to 2 lbs of chicken breast (boiled and shredded) You can also use rotisserie in a pinch
- 8-10 small flour tortillas
- 3 cups of cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 TBS butter
- 2 TBS flour
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Wholly Guacamole (see original recipe if you can't find pre-made guacamole)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Prepare your shredded chicken. Once your chicken is shredded and start your sauce.
- In a large sauce pan melt 2 TBS of butter. Add TBS of flour and whisk until the mixture begins to brown.
- Add diced onion and sauté until onion begins to turn translucent.
- Slowly add your 2 cups of chicken broth, sour cream, prepared guacamole, cilantro and lime. Cook for 10 minutes or until your sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat
- Take one of your tortillas and spoon in about 1/4 cup of shredded chicken, 1/4 cup of avocado cream sauce and a sprinkle of cheese. Fold both sides around the mixture and place fold down in a medium casserole dish. Repeat until you run out of room or ingredients! :)
- Once all of the tortillas are folded and in your dish, cover with the remainder of your creamy avocado sauce and top with cheese.
- Cook uncovered for 20 minutes on 325 degrees or until the cheese begins to bubble.