- 1/3 bar of Fels Naptha
- 1/2 cup Washing Soda
- 1/2 cup Borax
- 2 gallon bucket
- Empty detergent bottles. Ask your friends and family to save theirs and pass them along to you if you don't have any!
- Heat the Fels Naptha until all of the soap shavings have completely dissolved.
- Once the Fels Naptha has dissolved, add the 1/2 cup of borax and the 1/2 cup of washing soda into the saucepan. Stir the mixture until the borax and washing soda are completely dissolved and mixed.
- In your 2 gallon bucket, add 4 cups of hot water.
- Carefully pour your Fels Naptha/Borax/Washing Soda mixture from the saucepan into the bucket and stir.
- Add 1 gallon and 6 cups of water into the bucket and stir.
- Leave the soap rest for at least 24 hours. During this time, the soap mixture will gel and your liquid laundry detergent is finished!
Use 1/2 cup of your homemade liquid laundry detergent per load.